- If you don't have a Last.FM account yet, create one and start scrobbling.
- After some scrobbling Last.FM should have enough data to recommend events. Go to the recommend event page, and set your location by clicking on the "change/set location" link:
- Still on the recommended events page, click on the RSS feed icon depicted below and add that feed to your Google Reader (or other favourite RSS reader).
- Google Reader should now recieve event recommondations based on your musical tastes, like this:
- The last step is to import your event list into Google Calendar, so that you won't forget to actually go. Simply click the Google button at the top your event list:
Friday, September 25, 2009
Last.FM + Google = Convenience
Last.FM. It's a social music website that "recommends music, videos and concerts based on what you listen to." For the price of giving up a little privacy to the folks at Last.FM (namely the music you listen to) you get quite a lot in return. I mainly use it in tandem with Google's Calendar and Reader to keep updated on concerts in my neighbourhood. Here's how: